The mission of ICMA is to promote resilient well-functioning international and globally coherent cross-border debt securities markets, which are essential to fund sustainable economic growth and development.
In pursuit of its mission, ICMA is committed to:
- building trust in the market by promoting internationally accepted standards of best practice through the development of appropriate, broadly accepted guidelines, rules, recommendations and standard documentation, aimed at maintaining and enhancing the framework of cross-border issuing, trading and investing in debt securities;
- contributing to the development of sustainable finance through the capital markets;
- encouraging information flows and dialogue between all participants in the international capital markets: borrowers, intermediaries and investors, and service providers, including trading platforms, clearing houses and law firms;
- engaging with international and national regulators and policy makers and providing them with market expertise and technical knowledge across all ICMA’s core areas, to assist in ensuring that financial regulation promotes the resilience, efficiency and cost effectiveness of international capital markets;
- providing networking opportunities for market participants through conferences, seminars, roundtables and other events;
- promoting high professional standards for capital market participants by providing training and education opportunities.
ICMA Diversity and Inclusion Framework
ICMA is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment within our industry and at ICMA, including its Board, Executive Committee, and staff.
As an equal opportunity membership association, we recognise that there is more we can achieve to promote active inclusivity. We will work with our members and the industry to show the value that a diverse workforce brings.
The purpose of this framework is to promote inclusion, respect, and fairness for all within ICMA’s staff and membership and to ensure that we do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, gender preference, marital status, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, social status, stage of life, disability, sexual orientation, religion, age, or any other protected status.
This means creating a workplace which is fair, safe, accessible, and inclusive, where everyone feels that they belong, that they have a voice, and they can thrive and succeed.
ICMA’s commitment is to:
- Foster an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and members are recognised and valued
- Create and maintain an environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of bias, intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated
- Ensure that training, development, and progression opportunities will be available to all staff
- Promote the fact that diversity and inclusion in the workplace is good management practice, makes sound business sense, and is a fundamental principle that businesses and other organisations should embrace to reach their full potential
- Assure that our hiring and recruitment practices will evidence our efforts in enhancing diversity
- Monitor and review this framework on an on-going basis
"Our goal is that our staff and membership will be truly representative of diverse sections of society, and each feels respected and able to give their best." Bryan Pascoe, Chief Executive